Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mexico Mobilization Tour - Part 1




I arrived in Tapachula, Chiapas on Monday, September 3.  It was the beginning of 12 days in Mexico for the purpose of mobilizing the churches in three different cities, and to invite them to unite with us in Central America in a network of intercessory prayer called Una Sola Voz (One Voice).  Tapachula was the first stop.  As most of you know, this city is dear to me.  It is here where my missionary journey began, and it is here where I buried my dear husband and beloved daughter 13 years ago.  Before my commitments began on Tuesday afternoon, I was able to visit Gary and Carla´s tomb.  A dear friend and I washed and clean the white and black marble tombstone that was a gift from the Baptist Regional Convention of the Coast of Chiapas.  Later on, some more friends joined us to place a beautiful wreath on the tomb with a photo of those loved ones Gary and Carla left behind.  It does not matter how long it has been... standing there it seemed it happened just yesterday...




No comments:

Post a Comment